3 KEYS TO GOING BIG
I’m always talking to others about going big, living big, thinking big, taking a quantum leap, and one thing I know for sure – living big, going big, means something different to everyone.
Some may want a booming business, to take their business to that next level. Some may want the latest state-of-the-art home/car while others may want to just live in a hut on the beach. Some want the ability to travel the world doing what ever they choose, no being told what’s right or wrong by others. So, whatever going big means for you, know it’s different for everyone.
And what I do know is that in this ever changing world we live in, maybe going small is the new big. Why do I say that? Years ago, now over 30 years ago, when first in business the goal was always to go big, bigger contracts, bigger crews, bigger money definitely and yet a whole lot more headaches that came with it. Today our business has taken the opposite path in going big. It’s now just me and my other half as support with a multitude of freelance help when available.
Today, technology allows us to run our entire business, even our entire lives, from a computer. There’s no longer a need for offices and unnecessary overheads. Small today gives you the ability to adapt and change the business model as you choose, depending on what opportunities present. Small means that you can outsource the boring stuff while you keep your finger on the pulse of your business and stay more connected to the people, even if only by social media. Small means you can take your business around the world, work from anywhere, work with anybody.
So, am I then being totally contradictory, saying I want to go big, putting it out for others to go big, then on the other hand talking about staying small? No way, definitely not! After all these years what I have come to realise that going big is less to do with the size of your business, everything you may or may not have in your life and more to do with the size of your thinking. Small is the new big AND only when you correspondingly, THINK BIG.
I believe no matter what size your business, what you are doing with your life, going big is more about you and your attitude to life and business. And, whatever it means for you, going big means doing three key things:
- Putting yourself in bigger situations, expanding your perspectives
- Getting comfortable being uncomfortable
- Always learning, maintaining a growth & success mindset
Going big is about breaking free from limiting beliefs so you can finally enjoy the financial freedom you so deserve.
Going big is about making a difference, maximising your income to allow you to have more impact in the world.
Going big is all about getting really honest with yourself, taking that next step to turn your potential into reality and then playing full out
So are you wanting to go big? Ask yourself
(1) Am I willing to put myself into bigger situations, expanding my perspective? Believe me the more you can do this, the more you will be motivated to think outside the box. The more likely you are to pursue your goals, no matter what roadblocks may come up. The more you put yourself into bigger situations and grow your perspective, the more confident you will become, knowing you’ve got this. The more expansive your perspective, the bigger your thinking, the more in control (perhaps after the initial shock) you are of any given situation.
(2) Am I comfortable being uncomfortable? I know, no-one likes feeling uncomfortable. Going big will give you so many reasons to shrink back safely into your comfort zone. And yet you have to acknowledge that remaining in your comfort zone dulls your senses to the possibilities out there in the world and also to the possibilities within you, your inner creativity, natural strengths and abilities. That’s a huge reason that being uncomfortable is something you should embrace, to enable you to grow and benefit from the discomfort.
(3) Am I continually learning and growing? Climb any mountain and there will be challenges along the way. There are few easy paths up a mountain and often they’re hard to find. So too in life and in biz, it’s like climbing that mountain and it’s the challenges that creates your growth, your success along your journey. Each challenge provides you with the chance to learn, to create and to develop a success mindset.
Big or small, success:
- is not random or accidental
- you don’t just trip and fall into success
- you don’t deserve it
You create your success and it’s a continual learning curve! Going big is not all about money, it’s not all about prestige and fame. Going big is not all about what you have, it’s about being inspired, being inspiring. It’s about the different you can make in the world, it’s about what you inspire others to do.
So today, if deep down you have an urge to go big and yet something is holding you back, take some time out to get honest with your feelings and thoughts. Ask yourself:
- Where are my daily thoughts directed – those mundane tasks we all have to do, or is there room in there for ideas, creativity and inspiration?
- Do I truly understand the capacity that I have to impact someone else’s life, the world, and even my own life?
- What would happen if I could begin thinking big about everything in my life? Perhaps the limitations you have set for yourself, will seem surprisingly restrictive and mediocre.
And yes fear will appear, and that’s in another blog and take to heart a great quote from Napoleon Hill, “When your desires are strong enough, you will appear to possess superhuman powers to achieve.” Or as we say in the coaching world so often, when your why is strong enough, you’ll be willing to make it happen no matter what!
And realise if your dreams are big enough, if you’re big is really big for you, you’ll have to do things different than you’ve been doing.
- If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always got.
- What got you here, won’t get you there.
- If you want big bold results, you need big bold actions.
Get ready to go big whatever shape or form that may take for you. Then make the decision. And always remember whatever you choose, the decision and the choice is up to you.
Interested in hearing more check out my radio show on this very topic: Quantum Leap Your Life Radio Show
Are you ready for change – are you ready to do something different? Book a free 20-minute “Million Dollar Breakthrough Session” with me, and let’s get clear on what going big means for you and how you can achieve it, let’s check in with what’s holding your back and create an action plan to have you move forward. Book a MDB Session with me NOW and connect on Facebook for more tips and tricks to grow your business, enhance your life. You can also follow me on Pinterest, Linked In & Twitter.