CREATING A PERFECT MATCH
So you have a business or you’re looking to start a business. You love the products and programs you’ve designed. You’re proud of the services you offer and focusing on your products, your services, your business is not what your audience is looking for, it’s not what your audience needs. If you want to persuade anyone to act on and take you up on any offer you may make to them, you have to shift perspectives, you have to convey that there’s a fit.
Even if you’re not in business, if you’re applying for any type of program or trying to win investors for your startup, it’s essential to convey that you and your audience are a perfect match and it’s your story that creates that fit. It’s your story that has you stand out, it’s your story that connects you with your audience and their needs.
You need to embrace your unique story to create a one of a kind business.
Yet do you worry that your story is not “good enough”, or that everything you teach or promote has been “done before”? Do you think you have nothing new to add to the conversation, or that everyone has “heard it all before”?
If you do, I want to say right now, STOP! STOP! This kind of thinking is the number one killer of many business dreams, the number one excuse that many come up with when on that verge of taking the leap into business. It’s self sabotaging and it is absolutely not true. If you truly think about it you know it’s not true!
Look around, think of nearly any product or service and tell me they are totally unique and there is only one of them in this whole wide world. Beat you can’t! Three examples …
- Hamburgers – Wendy’s hamburger chain came out long after McDonald’s and add to that BK. I recall Burger Fuel in Wellington before we left and here we have Motu Burgers, the ultimate Kiwi burger here in Nanjing. Burgers galore!
- Motivational speakers – Brendon Burchard, Les Brown, Tony Robbins to name just three.
- Marie Forleo, Carrie Wilkerson, Denise Duffield-Thomas and dozens of others all help online entrepreneurs find success.
Clearly, then, if there were only room for one superstar in any given field, many of our most-loved businesses would not exist today.
So what’s the lesson here? First, there is absolutely room for you in whatever field you choose.
And, if you really think about it, these “competitors” are all totally unique individuals. You won’t find a Quarter-Pounder wanna be on the Wendy’s menu. Likewise Marie, Carrie and Denise are definitely not clones of one another. They are very, very different, and because of that, they appeal to completely different audiences.
So, lesson two, is that if you want to do this, you need to ensure that you stand out from the crowd
To do this, you need to embrace your unique story. It’s your unique background that will appeal to your ideal audience in a way that no one else’s will. And I’m not necessarily talking about business, it also means bringing into the mix your personal life.
- What struggles have you overcome?
- What hardships have you faced?
- How have you impacted someone else’s life?
- How has another person impacted you?
Everyone struggles at some point, and when you meet or are talking to your ideal audience, he/she will resonate with your story, you may just become an inspiration and they will definitely want to know more.
Where no other coach/product or service has been just the right fit, you will be, because …
- None of the others are you.
- None of them have your personality.
- None of them have your experience.
- None of them have your insights.
- And none of them have your story.
Hands down every time it will be that last one that will really resonate with your ideal client. By sharing your story in an authentic, personable way, you’ll make an immediate connection.
So what is your unique story? Are you clear on how your audience will connect with your unique story?
If you liked this blog – you may enjoy reading The Power Of Your Story.
If you’re ready to get your story out of your head and on to paper, then chat with me.
Are you fearing putting yourself out there? Then let me help!
- BOOK a free 20-minute “Million Dollar Breakthrough Session” with me, let’s get clear on your story.
- CONNECT on Facebook for more tips and tricks to grow your business and enhance your life.
- FOLLOW me on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram.
- DOWNLOAD my guide “Dare TO Thrive Guide” – 5 steps to successfully navigate change and fear AND share your tips to facing fears and taking action anyways!