The path to success whether in business or life, isn’t always straight, it is full of bumps and turns and forks in the road. Despite the “overnight” success stories we read about in magazines, we see splashed all over social media I believe and it is backed by the experts, that the overwhelming majority of successful businesses take years, if not decades, to build. Even in life while it may often be simple, it’s rarely easy.
Entrepreneurs often ride a roller coaster of highs and lows that feel even more intense because we’re running the show from start to finish. Steve Jobs once said, “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs and the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” And either way, a little bit of expert advice can never go amiss.
So today, I hunted out the best business advice from 8 successful entrepreneurs, business advice they themselves got that contributed to their success. Short, sharp reminders for us all:
1. Keep your word and do what you say you’ll do.
2. You can never save too much money.
3. Choose your business as you would your spouse.
4. Stick to the basics when running a business.
5. Just go for it.
6. Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries.
7. Fail often, fail fast and fail cheap.
8. There is no substitute for hard work.
Which one’s resonate more with you? For me? Stick to the basics, just go for it, don’t be afraid and fail often – together these sum up my business philosophy in a nutshell. I would probably add, never be afraid to ask for help! And, as I write this, three things come up for me that I would add:
1. Attitude – whether in life or business, check you attitude and leave the bad/negative attitude at the door.
2. Authenticity – you are your brand, people see you, watch you, hear you and follow you. And it’s not all for them, for yourself, in all that you do, be authentic, honour your uniqueness and success will follow.
3. Visibility – don’t hide behind your computer, behind social media or whatever it may be. Even in this technological age, connection is the key.
Factor in your attitude, be real, be you, and open up your platform, why? For the power of authentic connection with yourself and with your market.
So, how about you? What has been the best business advice you have received – which one stands out for you from the above 8, what would you add? Leave a comment!
Ready to put that advice into action? Ready to disrupt your business/life, own your time and energy and start creating the results you desire? Jump in here and book a FREE 30min MillionDollar Breakthrough session with me, let’s chat. Not ready for a chat here are three other ways I may be able to help you: