Santa’s Success Strategies
I was rereading some of my blogs today in need of a little inspiration and I found one that I wrote over 5 years ago around Christmas. It brought a smile to my face and still a great message for all entrepreneurs and business owners – top marketing lessons we can all learn from the man in red – no matter where we do business or what our business is …
1. DELIVER ON TIME – Would we still believe in Santa if he missed a year, or came late?
2. EVERYONE LOVES A GIVER – Don’t be a taker, win your prospects over with your generosity.
3. HIRE A TEAM OF HARDWORKING ADMIN PEOPLE TO MAKE YOU LOOK GOOD – Santa gets the glory, and the elves work hard to make it all look easy.
4. BUILD YOUR DATABASE – Santa makes a list, and checks it twice. Most businesses don’t even have an “up to date” list.
5. TEACH YOUR CLIENTS HOW TO TREAT YOU – Every kid knows to leave out Milk & Cookies along with carrots for the reindeer. Do your clients know how to help you?
6. QUALIFY HARD – Do you grade your prospects and clients? Santa has a grading system, either naughty or nice!
7. LEVERAGE – Santa has a team of body doubles who have been working the crowds at every shopping centre on the planet for the last 4 weeks.
8. LIMIT ACCESS – Santa’s got things set up. You can’t get him on the mobile. You can’t just see him whenever you want. You’ve gotta send your request to an obscure PO Box in the North Pole. Are you too easy to get?
9. RUN SPECIAL EVENTS – He builds massive anticipation, and gets everyone counting down the sleeps till the big day.
10. COSTUME & SELF PROMOTION – If he just wore regular clothes, he’d be no big deal. Do you have a uniform that makes you THE EXPERT?
11. GET OTHERS TO TALK YOU UP – His P.R. elves get everyone talking about Santa, so he never has to talk himself up.
12. BUILD A BUSINESS THAT GIVES YOU FREE TIME – With all his body doubles and the team of elves, Santa really only works a couple of days a year. Most of the list-checking is outsourced, so he and mrs claus get 363 days off, which they spend on the beach in the glorious sunshine.
One of the most effective ways of learning is to mimic the best, and when it comes to marketing, nobody has things sewn up quite like the big man as seen by the lessons provided above. So today’s biz tip, learn from the best, implement the right tools and strategies and take your business to a whole new level.
Wanting to take your business to the next level. Boost your money messages, your mindset and your motivation? You’re in the right place. Book a free 20-minute “Million Dollar Breakthrough Session” with me, let’s get clear on where you want to be, what’s holding your back and create an action plan to have you move forward. Book a MDB Session with me NOW and connect on Facebook for more tips and tricks to grow your business, enhance your life.